Saturday, April 23, 2011

Just another stalker

So after stalking the lap band blogs for about 3 weeks I've decided to make my own. I fear that I may not be as interesting and articulate as some of the other bloggers but I'm hoping that by starting this blog I will be more likely to hold myself responsible for my weight loss. I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone but me. Anyway I was banded on March 31st 2011 and am currently in bandster hell. I started getting hungry last week and seem to not be able to stop thinking all day "I'm Hungry!!!". I eat and will feel full but then in a hour or two I am hungry again. I am trying to ignore it and just drink my water. I know I am sometimes eating more ounces then I should and then that makes me ashamed and mad at myself. I'm currently at 3-4 ozs but sometimes I don't measure well and know that I ate 5-6ozs instead of what I should. I know also that I have a food addiction and the mental hunger is the worst part. If I am being honest with myself I am also not getting enough protein. I hate the protein shakes that I once loved. After surgery they tasted to sweet. I just ordered unjury unflavored so we will see how that goes. I hope this gets better but I know its a longgggg journey that I am just starting. I am determined to do work my band....I just need to close my mouth already! I am lucky that I have a very supportive husband and family....although my family is more easy to convince to try my new recipes. Not so much the DH. I made cauliflower mock potatoes tonight for dinner with flounder. He wouldn't even look at the cauliflower....sigh....what can you do? He is wonderful in every other way though and I couldn't get through this without him and my sisters. Sorry such a long first post...as if anyone else is reading this....

9 comments:

  1. I'm reading - welcome to bandland! I'm looking forward to following your journey and sharing your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New here - and happy to be a follower! And OMG your wedding pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there honey! Bandster hell is the pits, but you will get through it. As far as cooking for the family goes, I will make things for my husband that I cannot tolerate anymore, like rice. I would love to eat it, but I get stuck every time! I hope you get your first fill soon. It is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the sisterhood! It is a great place to be :) Congrats on your band- work it! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed your wedding photo from August of 2010- I just got married in August as well (the 14th) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey baby girl!

    I'm a Jersey girl too...... lived in Randolph/Morristown area for nearly 25 years, and moved back to Michigan to be with my family! I miss NJ! (I'll still admit this..... I miss Taylor Ham too!)

    I was banded in August, 2009, and have been plugging along ever since :) I definitely remember bandster hell, and it WILL get better, I promise!

    Have you had any fills yet? They are going to be VERY instrumental in helping you!!

    BTW...... I <3 cauliflower, but hate those cauliflower mock potatoes.... so I'm with your DH on that one!

    I also have issues with protein shakes that are too sweet, I found one without any sweetener at all: RAW (Beyond Organic) you can google it... I buy it at The Vitamin Shoppe. I use a scoop of the powder, a block of tofu, some Diet V8 Splash, a cup of Kale, and a cup of Blueberries. Not too sweet, and keeps me full for at least 3-4 hours!

    Your wedding picture?? Just gorgeous!! Love the tiara!

    xxoo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting the band! Welcome to the club. Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogworld and banded-world!!! I know it seems so hard now, but it WILL get easier especially once you start getting fills!

    Gorgeous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your wonderful and encouraging comments! Btw to Jen my wedding was the 22nd! 1 year coming quickly! I have not got a fill yet so I'm just hanging on right now. I know from reading...ok stalking.....everyone elses blogs that I will not get true restriction for a while. Thank you all for following my progress!

    ReplyDelete