Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weight Restrictions!

I am very open about being banded. People ask me a lot what my goal weight is and all I say is I want to be healthy. Today I realized what my goals truly are. I want to be smaller then my husband. He is 6 foot and 230lbs. He is in so much better shape. I'm sick of being the fat wife! I didn't even feel at ease on my wedding day which should have been one of the happiest days of my life. I was thinking the whole time we probably looked like the number 10.  I want to ride roller coasters again without the embarrassment of having to leave the ride because the bar wont close or fit over me.Went with my niece and nephew to the boardwalk today and they have rides. I didn't want to go on anything because I was scared I couldn't fit in the seats or I would get stuck. I want to stop looking at what the weight restriction is on EVERYTHING. I went to buy a new patio set last year and found myself asking "how much weight do these chairs hold?" to the skinny teenage kid. (He just shrugged by the way). I want to shop in a regular store. I love the clothes at certain stores but of course they go up to size 12/14 which is way to small. I also am sick to death of spending 2-5 dollars more for the plus size clothes then the normal clothes.   Those are my goals silly they may seem to some but these are some things that will truly make me happy. Thank you also for reading my blog and showing me so much support.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah Sarah Bo Bara!

    I totally understand where you are coming from! Not only have I had to leave rides at Great Adventure because the seatbelt wouldn't fit (and suffer all the hoots and hollers when other people realized why I was leaving the ride) I've sized up EVERY booth seat at a diner, those little plastic white lawn chairs? No thanks, I'd rather stand. I've broken more than one patio chair..... Dr's office chairs with arms, I've pushed myself into a few. I remember seeing Les Miserables in NYC, and BARELY fitting in the chair. Lane Bryant and Avenue were my only clothing store options, and even Torrid didn't fit me. I was a 30/32.... cusping on a 34/36....

    I've stopped having to worry about all these things...... thanks to my band. But I will never, EVER forget, and I don't think I want to. I appreciate it each and every time I sit in a chair that I know I didn't fit in before. I smile when I get to a booth that I know used to be so tight on me, that I could barely breathe. Hell woman, I can fit in my own damn car now, and I was certainly in need of a seatbelt extender!

    I know these goals will make you happy...... I have all the same ones! I can't wait to celebrate each victory with you here!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you work with your band it will give you all of these things and so much more! Just wait and see!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower...Angela sent me over! Welcome to our little blog-o-sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals remind me of my own when I first got banded. It's been 19 months and I've met all but my last goal, and I'm 60 pounds less than my husband now. I feel like we are in proportion with each other, the way we are supposed to be. It's a lovely feeling, and you'll be there too before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela sent me over. Those goals don't sound silly at all! You want to LIVE! Right now, your weight holds you back from doing things you want to do. You want freedom from that weight and that fear. We've all been there. Sure, we all say it's about increase risks of diabetes and heart disease, blah, blah, blah. And that's all well and good but those improved medical stats...they keep us alive longer...why? TO LIVE! Welcome to blogland! I'll be following...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi -- and congratulations on your surgery!! Those goals are great. I always recommend to new bandsters that you take a lot of before photos and take your measurements -- if you haven't done that yet, do it as soon as you can. You will want them later!

    Also, it's a great idea to write out all of the things you are looking forward to about being thinner. I did that, and now that I'm 2 1/2 years out, I've checked everything off that list! Well, except for the one about not being a fat bride... but I'm working on that one! :) :)

    Here is a link to my list if you want to check it out.. it's the 2nd post down.. just gave you this one b/c I thought you might find the post-op plan for success helpful --http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete