Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So much hope

So we had a new employee start last night. We got to talking and she told me she was banded 20+ years ago. Shes had no problems and looks wonderful.She is super healthy and even got off all her meds.  I'm so excited to have met her and I hope to gain from her experience. Also where I work there are a couple girls who are on the fence about the lap band. I almost feel as if they are watching to see how I do before they make a decision. Talk about pressure..... Just got home from work and have to be back at work in less then 7 hours so I'm making this short. Today is my official weigh in day so when I do get back up I will post my weight. Please I'm begging for some loss. Any loss! I can't wait for my first fill on May 10th although I hate needles so I will proably be a big baby.

7 comments:

  1. The fills are not nearly as bad as you are expecting! Good luck on your weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my fingers, toes, legs..... and perhaps eyes.... crossed that you see a loss today on the scale!

    Those pesky, pesky scales..... I hate being just a "number"..... but that number means so much!

    20 years with the band! Now that's music to my ears! Especially because they're continuing to improve their technique, and bands themselves. So, even as a Band 1.0, your new work buddy is working it! AWESOME news! I'd love it if you could post some of what she has to say about it!

    Silly girl...... they give you a numb shot first (which is a quicky... promise!) then they give you a fill. I'm going to go out on a limb, and say they're gonna give you 4cc :) (that's honestly a guess, not sure if you have a 10cc or 14cc band?)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless Karen knows something I don't, not every practice gives numbing shots. I've been banded for nearly two years and have had 5 (6?, 7?) fills and have never been numbed. The fill doesn't really hurt. Just a poke, as they say. Good luck on the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been giving a numbing shot for my fills but they haven't hurt at all either so there ya go.

    20 years with the band?? That's amazing! There've been a lot of posts lately questioning the longevity of the band so it's nice to hear some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only had one fill that hurt. He hit something and I bruised pretty badly. Great to hear how you met someone so far out from surgery that is so promising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not ever had a painful fill, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be:) GOOD LUCK! I hope you see a loss!

    ReplyDelete