Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Fill

I had my first fill today. It sucked! My port has moved and the doctor said every fill I have will have to be done down in Radiology so they can see it. Eventually they will attach it back on to the muscle but for now it is turned and they have to push and push to get to it. I am already bruising.....oh well. The needle didn't hurt at all but I think thats because Dr is great. I didn't even know the needle went in. He filled me completely and that was a interesting feeling. I then had to drink the disgusting liquid so they could see the movement on the scope. It was cool to see the fluid go through the band. Got to see everything and loved that.  The only thing that annoyed me a bit is I asked how many CC's he put in and Dr said "enough". Wth is that answer? I weighed in this Wednesday and I am down to 291.6. I was happy with the loss. 39lbs down! I have to constantly remind myself this is a tool.....not a magic wand! I didn't climb to 330lbs in 6 weeks. I'm damn sure not going to lose it fast. I'm happy with any loss. I am looking forward to NSV's to. I had my first one! I put on a bra that had never fit around me and it was comfortable. I was so excited about that. My hubby is great too. He is doing p90x. The other day we did the Yoga one together and it kicked my butt.....yoga! How can yoga kick your butt you ask? Trust me I was sweating by the end and my DH was great. He cheered me on the whole time we did it together. I also signed up for/went to my first Jazzercise. I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. My port was twisted for my first fill but hasn't been an issue since. Sorry you're bruising already though. As for your doc's answer, it made me laugh. I don't even know how big my band is, much less how much he puts in it. I know me. I would totally obsess over how much is in there and whether I should have proper restriction at my current fill level and on and on and on. It's best that I don't know. LOL. I totally hear you on Yoga. I tried Pilates (similar yes?) a couple years ago...once...and never tried it again. Good for you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your port! Yoga is freaking hard, so I can totally see how it kicks your butt. I'm a Jazzercise freak, so I squealed a little when I read you signed up. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete