Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weigh in and other thoughts

I have not had a chance to blog in a while so I have a lot to say so please forgive me now. I had 2 weigh ins since my last blog. My first one was 43lbs down at 287.6. Yesterday weigh in was 282.8! That's 48lbs down. I am excited but.....I am dreaming of reeses peanut butter cups!!!! I want CHOCOLATE! I am obssesed with reading the blogs so to steal a line from Lap Band Gal, I'm fighting the good fight but.... sometimes I feel weak. I want to give in. I want to eat a entire 8 pack of reeses peanut butter cups like I used to....sick isn't it? I haven't indulged myself but I almost feel like I'm a faliure just for thinking about it....ok obbsessing about it.....hell dreaming about it. I am eating more now since my last fill (finally off mushies!!) but within 2 hours I'm hungry again. I prolong it and eat later then that but its frustrating. My work schedule is odd so I have my breakfast at about 3pm. Then lunch at about 8pm. Then dinner at 3am. I work 3pm-11pm then go to my second job 11pm-7am. My doctor said 3 meals a day and1-2 protein shakes. I find I need at least a cheesestick at about 12am to get me through. Sometimes I even split my lunch in 2 to get through to 12am. I will eat at 6:30pm half my lunch then 8:30-9pm I have the rest of my lunch. Do you think this is wrong? I need help here please....  I know I said I would suck it up but I feel like whinning today. I am very happy with my loss so far and I knew it would be hard and a looong journey but sometimes you just gotta whine.
I have 2 confessions to make...I have an obsession with eating fat reduced moose tracks ICE CREAM! A slider for sure but in my defense...I do write it down and include it in my calories for the day.It is still terrible and I must go to ice cream anonymous! I have it once a week! Ridiculous! Also I have not exercised all week except my 2 walks around the building at work with my nurse friends. Terrible I know. I am going to fail out of LBU....(Lap Band University) and I have excuse after excuse. Its all just a excuse and I know it....I have promised myself to do better this week and from now on.....No fingers crossed behind my back or anything!
On another note I had a NSV. I brought a dress for my sisters graduation and it was a size down from what I was pre surgery! AND I FELT GOOD IN IT! I felt great in it actually. That was the best part of my week.

2 comments:

  1. Great NSV! You're not going to fail out of LBU (that made me laugh). Everyone is different. I generally do ok with just 3 meals a day w/no snacks but there have been other bandsters who HAVE to eat 5-6 times a days (smaller quantities) to stay satisfied and avoid making bad choices. Different strokes for different folks. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm your newest follower! Thanks for the friend request, by the way. :)

    I wouldn't worry about eating whenever you're hungry, that's what you should do! If you want until you're starving to eat, you'll end up eating more in the long run. You shouldn't deprive yourself, it'll just make you go off the deep end when you do end up finally giving into the cravings. (Spoken as someone who has BEEN there!)

    You're not gonna fail out of LBU, we all have our off days, but it sounds like you're doing great and have absolutely nothing to worry about.

    Awesome NSV. :)

    ReplyDelete